"Jupiter" is an amalgamation of what Valiant Guitars stands for. The body was scientifically re-calculated to maximize frequency responses and improved comfort, which was then matched with the best suitable pickups and wiring scheme.
We teamed up with Agufish to give it under-the-hood upgrades for the modern metal player while maintaining a relatively classic look, thanks to Mola Pink finish, obviously. Part of the revenue will be donated to the "Save the Children" organization.
"Jupiter" is equipped with Polymath set from Bare Knuckle. This union was meant to be. Incredible versatility provided by pickups themselves along with 2 Switchcraft slide switches on the duralumin top "fin", which are responsible for coil-splitting, parallel and series switching give whooping 9 positions, they are all usable, we tried. The ‘secret’ ingredients are: No-Load tone pot, which in position ‘10’ does not engage our military spec’d tone cap, allowing the pickups to be oneself (give it a turn and you have another tool to alter your sound), PureTone jack, which is tight and snug, and CTS volume pot. For tuning stability and the quality of strings vibration we appointed GraphTech nut and string trees, along with Gotoh series 510 (Planet Waves locking tuners in early versions) locking tuners and Valiant Guitars SWIFT-RS duralumin bridge with casted brass saddles.We chose alder body with quarter-sawn titanium-reinforced maple neck for extra- stability as time-approved tonewoods.
Quarter-sawn maple neck reinforced with titanium rods will ensure stability. 12" radius is comfortable for almost every player looking for a golden resolution between modern flat radiuses and vintage. To ensure proper string vibration and tuning comfort GraphTech nut and string trees were installed. Early version is equipped with D'Addario locking self-trimming tuners, down the road Jupiter is coming with Gotoh 510 series locking tuners with a thumb-wheel and adjustable shaft height.
Sophisticated wiring on most of our Jupiters are provided by 2 slider switches on the upper "fin" and 3-way switch on the lower bout of the body
Both of those slider switches has 3 positions, which are parallel, series and single-coil modes
Great amount of options for each pickup and combined can get great amount of tones available
By engaging or disengaging our No-Load tone pot, 2 extra distinct settings available to your "color" palette
We extendedly use duralumin, which is an alloy, commonly used in the aircraft industry for its superior to steel qualities, such as weight reduction and hardness. Our bridge assembly, neck plates, cavity covers are made of duralumin to underline exquisite look, enhance shielding, and provide quality tonal transfer from one part of a guitar to another.
We are using a 500k potentiometer from CTS to ensure the longevity of service of your volume pot. No-Load tone pot is a tone-altering tool, where position "10" acts as an off switch. The signal from your pickups bypasses a cap and "leaks" more high-end into a signal. Slight of a turn engages capacitor, acting like your regular tone pot on max.
- Wood: European alder
- Pickguard: Acrylic pickguard thickness: 3 mm/0.118", duralumin "fins": 3 mm/0.118"
- Color: Mola Pink
- Wood: Hard-rock maple, titanium-reinforced
- Profile: C profile
- 1st fret -Depth: 20,5 mm/0.807" Width: 42 mm/1.65"
- 12th fret - Depth: 22 mm/0.866" Width: 51.7 mm/2.035"
- 22nd fret - Width: 51.7 mm/2.035"
- Scale length: 25.5"/648 mm
- Fretboard: Roasted hornbeam
- Radius: 12" radius/304.8 mm
- Frets: 22 stainless steel, Jumbo, width: 2.8 mm/0.110", height: 1.65 mm/0.064"
- Truss-rod: Easy-access, stainless steel truss-rod wheel
- Neck pickup: Bare Knuckle Pickups Polymath, Alnico V
- Bridge pickup: Bare Knuckle Pickups Polymath, Alnico V
- Controls: 1 volume - CTS 500k, 1 tone - No-Load 500k, 3-way switch - Switchcraft, 2 sliders - parallel/series/single-coil for each pickup - Switchcraft
- Capacitor: Soviet paper-in-oil, military spec’ed
- Jack: Pure Tone
- Bridge: Valiant Guitars duralumin Swift-RS-bridge, quick-release, with bell-bronze saddles
- String spacing: 10.5 mm/0.416"
- Nut: GraphTech, 43mm/1.69"
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 series, locking
- "Trinity" ebony inlays
- Duralumin enhanced-grip knobs with wooden pointer
- Full shielding
- Duralumin cavity covers
- Valiant Guitars hard-shell case included