On the other side, you will find on display, mahogany back left in natural color to emphasize the quality and the beauty of the wood. Our neck is a 5-piece mahogany-maple marriage, carved to our slightly beefed up Asymmetrical C profile, reinforced by titanium and volute, all in natural color (Sahara Dream is the only color that has the see-through red back).
By taking it in your hands you will immediately feel the weight-relief, which was calculated by emulating the air movement inside the body to make sure that the loss of material does not affect the sound by drastically altering its nature.
We decided to arrange the wiring scheme classically, with 2 volumes, 2 tones, and a 3-way switch on the upper-bout. However, we couldn’t leave it without some tricks in the sleeve. First and foremost is the quality of components. Pure Tone jack, CTS volume pots, Switchcraft 3-way switch. No-Load tone pots will be especially useful when you would like to have more treble to bleed in your signal, being in the bridge position with distortion or in the neck, while soloing.
Smith is equipped with Bare Knuckle Pickups Polymath set, which has a classic “Patent Applied For” vintage tone, carrying enough power for almost any situation.
Prioritizing ergonomics over classical bulkiness we designed Smith to have fretting hand spoon-cut and belly-cut.
- Back: Mahogany body, hollow
- Top: Flame maple, carved
- Color: Purple Prince
- Wood: Mahogany and hard maple, 5-piece, titanium-reinforced, Valiant Guitars "Diamond" volute
- Profile: C profile
- 1st fret -Depth: 21,5 mm/0.84" Width: 43 mm/1.69"
- 12th fret - Depth: 23,5 mm/0.92" Width: 52 mm/2.04"
- 22nd fret - Width: 57 mm/2.24"
- Scale length: 24,75"/628 mm
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Radius: 12" radius/304.8 mm
- Frets: 22 Nickel silver frets, extra-hard, Jumbo, width: 2.8 mm/0.110", height: 1.65 mm/0.064"
- Truss-rod: Easy-access, stainless steel truss-rod wheel
- Neck pickup: Bare Knuckle Pickups Polymath
- Bridge pickup: Bare Knuckle Pickups Polymath
- Controls: 2 volumes - CTS 500k, 2 tones - CTS 500k, 3-way toggle switch - Switchcraft
- Capacitor: Soviet paper-in-oil, military spec’ed
- Jack: Pure Tone
- Bridge: Valiant Guitars duralumin Swift-RS-TOM bridge, quick-release, with bell-bronze saddles
- String spacing: 10.5 mm/0.413
- Nut: Bell-bronze, adjustable, 43mm/1.69"
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 series, locking
- "Trinity" maple inlays
- Duralumin enhanced-grip knobs with wooden pointer
- Full shielding
- Duralumin cavity covers
- Valiant Guitars hard-shell case included