On the other side, you will find on display, satin mahogany back in black to emphasise the quality and the beauty of the wood. Our neck is a 3-piece maple marriage, carved to our slightly beefed up Asymmetrical C profile, reinforced by titanium and volute.
By taking it in your hands you will immediately feel the weight-relief, which was calculated by emulating the air movement inside the body to make sure that the loss of material does not affect the sound by drastically altering its nature.
We decided to keep it simple: 1 volume, 1 tone. However, we couldn’t leave it without some tricks in the sleeve. First and foremost is the quality of components. Pure Tone jack, CTS volume pots. No-Load tone pot will be especially useful when you would like to have more treble to bleed in your signal, being in the bridge position with distortion.
Smith is equipped with Bare Knuckle Pickups Warpig bridge humbucker, for brutal distorted tones, and rumor has it, it is popular among jazz players, but we never tried.
Prioritizing ergonomics over classical bulkiness we designed Smith to have fretting hand spoon-cut and belly-cut.
- Back: Mahogany body
- Top: Maple, carved
- Color: Mola Black
- Wood: Hard maple, 3-piece, titanium-reinforced, Valiant Guitars "Diamond" volute
- Profile: C profile
- 1st fret -Depth: 21,5 mm/0.84" Width: 43 mm/1.69"
- 12th fret - Depth: 23,5 mm/0.92" Width: 52 mm/2.04"
- 22nd fret - Width: 57 mm/2.24"
- Scale length: 24,75"/628 mm
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Radius: 12" radius/304.8 mm
- Frets: 22 stainless steel, Jumbo, width: 2.8 mm/0.110", height: 1.65 mm/0.064"
- Truss-rod: Easy-access, stainless steel truss-rod wheel
- Neck pickup:
- Bridge pickup: Bare Knuckle Pickups Warpig, Ceramic
- Controls: 1 volume - CTS 500k, 1 tone - CTS 500k
- Capacitor: Soviet paper-in-oil, military spec’ed
- Jack: Pure Tone
- Bridge: Valiant Guitars duralumin Swift-RS-TOM bridge, quick-release, with bell-bronze saddles
- String spacing: 10.5 mm/0.413
- Nut: Bell-bronze, adjustable, 43mm/1.69"
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 series, locking
- "Trinity" maple inlays
- Duralumin enhanced-grip knobs with wooden pointer
- Full shielding
- Duralumin cavity covers
- Valiant Guitars hard-shell case included